NTRPDC Government Contracting
The Northern Tier Regional Planning and Development Commission Procurement Technical Assistance Program is a free service offered to companies located in the five northern tier Pennsylvania counties of Bradford, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, and Wyoming.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded through a yearly, competitive grant process, combining funding from the Defense Logistics Agency and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center is designed to increase the number of companies within the region receiving government contracts by educating them on how to market their products and services to the government and to offer technical assistance and support through each phase of the procurement process.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Program functions as an integral component of a total economic development program. Basically the Procurement Technical Assistance Program uses the purchasing power of the Federal, State and Local governments as a market expansion tool to increase regional sales. Additional contracts awarded can generate permanent job creation and retention, business stability, and income and tax revenues.
Economic Development Goals
The Department of Defense and other Federal and State agencies seek to increase the number of qualified suppliers for goods and services required to maintain a strong defense, meet the daily requirements of their agencies, and be responsive to the citizens of their States and the United States.
Here are some examples of key assistance you can obtain through the Northern Tier PTAC:
- Determine Suitability for Contracting
- Free Daily Bid Match Service (electronic leads for federal bid opportunities)
- Assistance with Identifying Bid Opportunities and Past Procurement Histories/Awards
- Assist with Local, State and Federal Registrations including:
– System for Award Management (SAM)
– PA Department of General Services (DGS) Vendor Registration
– DIBBS Vendor Registration
– Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF)
- Registration Assist with Federal Set-Aside Programs including:
– Small Disadvantaged Business
– Veteran Owned Small Business
– Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
– Woman Owned Small Business
– Minority or Women Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) Certification (Pennsylvania)
- One-on-one assistance with interpreting bid packages
- Counsel on the Complete Request for Quotes (RFQ)/Reguest for Proposals (RFP)
- Electronic bid matching service for federal, state and local bid opportunities
- Item technical data and past pricing history
- Provide Military Specifications and Standards
- Preparation for Pre-Award Surveys
- Preparation of payment forms and information on Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
For more information or to request a counseling session, contact Laurie Lentz, Procurement Program Manager or call (570) 265-1538.