NTRPDC Workforce Development
One of the many services provided by NTRPDC is fostering a dynamic workforce system in our five-county service territory. This system offers life-long learning opportunities to workers, while providing new and expanding businesses in the region a ready and capable workforce.
The Northern Tier Workforce Development System: World Class, Responsive, Community-Driven.
To develop a world-class workforce development system which complements the Commonwealth's overall education and economic strategy and guides federal, state, and local resources in a customer-focused and user-friendly manner that promotes a high quality, globally competitive workforce.
The Pennyslvania Workforce Board has adopted the following goals for the Workforce System:
- Economic opportunity for all citizens
- Economic self sufficiency and individual responsibility
- Educated workforce with relevant skills
- Ensure that Pennsylvania businesses have access to a continuous supply of skilled and knowledgeable workers
The Northern Tier Workforce Board will assist Pennsylvania in meeting these goals. In addition to these, the Workforce Board has adopted the following additional goals for the system:
- Equalize the partnerships and participation in the Workforce Development System of three major groups: employers, education and service agencies
- Provide services to enable families to live with minimal outside assistance financially and socially
- Develop and implement a measurement system to gauge customer satisfaction and to improve the system through timely feedback
- Create and provide a workforce system that promotes life long learning opportunities
- Improve the marketing of the workforce development system to increase public awareness and to make it the first choice for customers